Have you been putting off listing your title on PGDirect? If so, we’ve made it even easier to list your book by automating our title upload process. Now you can upload all your own information, right from the comfort of home! In a nutshell, it’s easy!
Start by registering on our site using this link: http://www.pubgraphicsdirect.com/getting-started/
Once you’re registered, navigate to the Retail License Agreement link, where you’ll enter basic info like name and address. As you’ll see, most of it self-explanatory.
- Contact name, email, address, phone number: So we know where to find you for mailing your royalty checks! You’ll find our terms and conditions here, and you can also electronically sign and date this document.
After you finish this form, you’re ready to enter your book information. Go to the next link called: Upload Your Title Information. Again, this is pretty self-explanatory.
3. Title, author, publisher (if you are a self-publisher, enter your name), publication year.
4. Retail price: This is the retail price, set by you. From this price, the production costs are taken out, along with a 25% commission to PG. What is left is your PROFIT. Many authors ask us how to establish the price for their books. This is tricky and totally up to you but you might want to Google the topic and read a few articles. Here is one that could be helpful: https://www.shopify.com/retail/120028547-9-strategies-for-profitably-pricing-your-retail-products
5. Size: This is the trim or final size of the book. We need separate measurements for height and width.
6. Book format: The type of book binding—whether it is hard cover or soft cover.
7. Book Description: Write a synopsis that entices people to read your book! Make it interesting!
8. Author bio: All about you! Same principle as above applies here.
9. Book Category code, or BISAC: Is your book findable on the internet? BISAC will help. This is the subject or category that best fits your title. Go to https://www.bisg.org/bisac/complete-bisac-subject-headings-2015-edition. Click on the appropriate subject area. From there, find the 9 character code; it will look something like this: PER017000
You’re on the homestretch now! All that is left is uploading your files, one file for the covers, and one file for the interiors. Remember, files must be in PDF format, print-ready. Click on the Upload button. That’s it, you’re finished!
Can’t complete it in one sitting? Save your work and continue later.
A pricing calculator! Now you can check the costs of manufacturing, on the spot. This makes it easier for you to understand exactly what your production costs are and what profit margin to establish.